Friday, May 2, 2014

Day # Senior Skip Day (even though I showed up for Chemistry and Physics cuz I'm so cool)

This image looks helpful for understanding the 7448 decoder for the 7-segment readout..

It seems like it makes sense, but trying to figure out how to actually wire it is going to be a beast. Hopefully I'll actually have time tonight or this weekend to confer with my dad about circuits and whatnot, but we'll see.

These 2 images seem to show how they should be wired together:


Understanding the numbering on the 7448 is important, which the second image is helping with. It also shows the numbering on the 7-segment readout, which I am having trouble with. All images are in that way, but the ones we have are horizontally orientated, not vertically. I'm not sure which side is which.. Guess we'll just have to find out. The first shows how to wire them together.

A google search yielded the part was LSD3221-11-LHDP/RHDP, which has a total of about 15 pictures on google images.. Shortening the array of letters/numbers doesn't help much, either.

Another day of lots of research... At least I think I'm making progress. I think my overall question will simply be how this thing works because it's pretty complicated! Now to find a mathy aspect..

No comments:

Post a Comment